Friday, May 11, 2012

Firefly



The last time I saw a firefly was when I visited Sagada. I was walking out with friends in the woods of Echo Valley where I spotted that little and so frail flickering light. I saw a firefly. Alone. So tiny and fragile. Yet its light bring about enlightenment to me. Such pure and simple gift of beauty in the night. 



In my darkest hour, it is often the smallest spark of one  or two fireflies  that brought me into the light. It is in those moment of simple grace where I saw such brightness that gives me freedom. A grace I received from a soft spoken friend and the embrace and warm touch of acceptance and forgiveness and understanding that blessed my spirit to be in a moment of experiencing deep hope and love.

I have many fireflies in my life now, and they are, yes, fragile and small, but when they joined together, they make my path passable enough so I could see my way in the late dusk. 

My seemingly dark woods become less scary now at all. 





Mhatteo

No comments: