Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mc Flurry


I went out after a meeting, much drained and quite hungry. The first thing that was in my mind was to buy Mc Flurry, a delicious and creamy ice cream mixed with chocolate Cream-O from Mc Donald’s. My mind was really shouting, MC FLURRY! MC FLURRY! MC FLURRY!( I’m just exaggerating, not quite true, sort of). He he he…

Anyway, I bet all of us do really like Mc Flurry because it’s like ice cream. But for me, there is something in Mc Flurry that made me said that night “Wow, What a good thing

It happened after I went out in our office and bought Mc Flurry in Ilustre and tasted quite of its delectable and energizing flavor. Then, I decided to walk from Mc Donald-Ilustre to our home simply to save another seven pesos.

Passing different streets of downtown area and gazing the Rizal Prominade and even the stars in the sky was totally invigorating. I felt what a wonderful world it is having with me my favorite Mc flurry. Indeed, it was a moment of rewarding one’s desire for gratitude from unevenness stomach almost falling into the grip of starvation.

Then suddenly, a street boy disrupted my momentous experience. He wanted to have my Mc Flurry. (What a harassment? What a challenge? Hello? What are you doing?) Well, I did not say that to him. In fact, I made no utterance. I just gave it to him the quite full and virgin Mc Flurry, with no words.

I went home quite unsatisfied about eating Mc Flurry. But I realized that there’s a reason why it happened. I believe, the event taught me to be much like Mc Flurry at all. Mc flurry, I believe, is a good food. And I am good. But Mc flurry cannot be known to be a good and likeable food if it is not being tasted or shared to anyone. I mean, we are all good people but we are to take the test to do good and not just being good.

As I pondered with what had happened, I did the right thing. My tummy was really quite empty as I arrived home. But my heart was filled with gratitude. That does really matter.




Mhatteo


Google ping

No comments: